Welcome to McTours the European Motorcycle Touring Holidays Specialist
Luxury European Motorcycle Tours
McTours deliver luxury motorcycling vacations at affordable prices giving
riders a unique alternative to the typical biking holiday; motorcycle riders will travel
at a leisurely pace, live in top quality hotels, explore wonderful locations, visit
interesting places, eat fantastic local produce and of course you will be riding some of
the best biking roads in Europe.
Most of our motorbike tours are pre organised but we also co-ordinate bespoke motorcycle
tours to cater for the specific need of a group. We specialise in Scotland, France and
Italy and also offer occasional tours in Austria, Switzerland, Portugal and Ireland.
Better still we can arrange motorcycle hire, so just fly into the location to be toured, pick up your bike, enjoy the holiday and then fly home again after the tour.
In most locations we can arrange BMW, Ducati, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Suzuki, Triumph and Yamaha motorcycles, so, there is always a machine to suit every taste.
View our Tour Diary
View our Tour Prices
Read more about McTours
Our most popular type of Motorcycle Tours in Europe are our
regional tours. Each tour lasts 9 Days with 8 Nights Accommodation and 7 Days Bike Riding. They are
ideal for the rider whose partner has little or no interest in biking because the tour is centred at
a luxury hotel resort where we typically stay for eight consecutive nights. Whilst the rider is off
exploring the best roads in the area their other half or family stay behind to enjoy the resort
facilities. This fixed location is carefully selected to be central to a region and daily routes are
in the region of 200 miles.
Regional Motorcycle Tours
Our National European Motorcycle Tours travel further and
hops and skips around a country or often across borders. On a National Tour we stay at a different
hotel most nights. It is typically chosen by riders who seek an opportunity to familiarise with much
that a country has to offer because riders taking this style of tour can sample a wider area and
identify regions that they might like to return to and explore in greater detail. National tours
typically last 9 Days with 8 Nights Accommodation and 7 Days Bike Riding and they cover an average
of 150 miles per day.
National Motorcycle Tours
Our Short Motorcycle Tours last 5 Days with 4 Nights Accommodation and provide a Motorcycle Touring holiday
with 3 Days Bike Riding. They usually stay at the same hotel throughout the tour and can be midweek or long
weekend. We try to pack in a lot of riding in these short vacations covering in excess of 200 miles most days.
They may be short holidays but prudent road selection takes riders across diverse landscapes snaking along roads
that will be single track at times to ensure the best rider experience available is always picked and that no
rider will ever be disappointed by the tour.
Short Motorcycle Tours
Many of our clients want to Tour Europe by Motorcycle but
do not want to take our scheduled tours. Perhaps the dates do not suit or there is a particular place
they want to visit or road they wish to ride. Some want to celebrate a special occasion such as a
birthday, anniversary or retirement and celebrities who want to tour a country without being recognised
love the anonymity that a helmet affords allowing them to fully appreciate the country and all its
wonders without being chased by fans or paparazzi. So, if you want a special tour organised just for
you then we are delighted to assist.
Bespoke Motorcycle Tours
McTours European Motorcycle Tours offer deliver a quality holiday at an affordable price and are uniquely different to most biking holiday; you will ride at a leisurely pace, live in quality accommodation, explore wonderful locations, visit interesting places, eat wholesome local produce and of course you will be bike riding some of the best biker roads in Europe whether you participate is just a day tour Scotland or one of our extended vacations through Europe. You can hire BMW Motorcycles, Honda Motorcycles, Harley-Davidson Motorcycles and Suzuki Motorcycles on most of our tours. We also Have Ducati, Kawasaki, Triumph and Yamaha on some select tours or by special request.
Our tours are more about the road more than the destination. We take you to interesting places but we get there by riding the less travelled twisty back roads that will challenge you at times, offer breath-taking scenery across diverse landscapes and when we stop it tends to be at a place of interest such as a historical site rather than just a roadside cafe for a quick refreshment.
Daily journeys are typically around 200 miles with stops every 50 miles (about 90 minutes riding).
We offer motorcycle hire on all our tours. You will find the range of bikes available listed on each tour detail page including BMW Motorcycles, Honda Motorcycles, Harley-Davidson Motorcycles and Suzuki Motorcycles and a few other brands on special request.
We only use carefully selected quality hotels. Most accommodation is in 4 star hotels and booked for dinner bed and breakfast.
Our guides are all highly skilled riders who know the routes well. These core staff of six motorcyclists are all National or Senior Observers with groups affiliated to the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM). They are not only excellent riders but they also know many alternative roads that can be taken should a road be blocked of adverse weather closes in.
McTours operates in strong partnership with motorcycle dealerships and other motorcycle rental companies.
Here is what we offer that is different:
- Experience: All tours have two guides who lead and tail the group. These guides are all Qualified Senior Observers from the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM) and highly skilled riders and trainers.
- Quality: We use only the best hotels from brands such as Hilton, Doubletree by Hilton, Best Western and privately owned establishments such as Chateau des Vigires.
- Variety: We provide a broad range of motorcycles. These motorbikes are in pristine condition using mainly the latest machines.
- Size: We limit the size of each group to a maximum of eight riders accompanied by two guides. (6 riders plus 2 guides is most typical)
- Location: On many tours we select fixed locations and return to base each day so you have no baggage to carry or tour to a range of interesting locations and take your baggage in our support vehicle. You can tour Scotland from just a day tour up to a 9 day package, France for 5 to 9 days visits Loire Valley, Dordogne and Provence, Switzerland is a popular 5 day trip in the mountains around Lake Geneva and then there is Italy where we have 5 to 9 day tours in the Lakes and Alps, Tuscany, The Amalfi Coast, Sicily and Southern Italy. These operate most years and our bespoke tours offer other alternative European Motorcycle Touring destinations such as Portugal, Spain, Austria, Germany or the Baltic region giving you a broad selection of European Motorcycle Tours to chose from.
- Couples: We offer a biking holiday that allows your non biking partner to join in without ever needing to ride a bike.
Visit our Information Pages to learn more about our Tour Propositions Learn more about McTours or follow this link to Upcoming Tours and select a specific tour to learn more about our Guided Motorcycle Tours.